Skip to main content

"Une Fille" Polymer Clay Sculpture

 

This is another older piece, but one that I love. She is Super Sculpey over a copper wire armature. I started using 6 - 8 AUG  copper ground wire for armature way back when because it was available at the big box hardware stores. It was cheaper and more available than aluminum wire at the time and, of course, easier to manipulate than steel wire. The arms are ususally thinner aluminum wire.  She is about eleven inches tall. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ferrocement Totem Pole II

  This is a two sided effort that stands about 8 ft. tall, made from a treated 4x4 post covered with hardware cloth and chicken wire. I've been using a mortar recipe that includes sand, clay dust, portland cement, builder's lime, joint compound, and asphalt emulsion. I used exterior wood stain to color it. 

Ferrocement Totem Pole I

Made in 2022. This is a permanant installation -- an embedded 4x4 x 10 layered with hardware cloth and modeled with a ferrocement recipe that includes Portland cement, clay dust, builder's lime, and sand. Colored with exterior wood stain.  

"Blues Cats I" Polymer Clay Sculpture

 I was pleased with the diorama effects of an earlier piece and was going for something similar. The standing figure is about eleven inches tall, made of Super Sculpey over copper and aluminum armature, and brush painted with acylics.The back is made of three layers of luan, with the door and window cut from two, to give those features some depth. The siding, door, steps, etc. are either balsa or luan, and the turf is air dry clay. I cut the glass for the window and door from an old pane. This guitar is luan and balsa, toothpicks and thread.